Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Getting Committed!

The commitments have been coming in from all around the U.S. If you missed our December 1st kick-off, not to worry. You can commit or recommit anytime on your journey.

Don’t forget to e-mail us midwestpoweryoga@aol.com what has “opened up for you” or “what insights came to light” along the way. Here’s a sampling of the commitments sent in this week:

108 days of yoga
i wonder if i should commit.....
that's a lot of yoga & meditation
everyday...oh holy sh@$#*t!

i think that i could do it
i could practice everyday
the meditation would be hard for me
it's hard for me to "stay"

i think that i will do it
i'll be creative in getting it done
it could change my whole perspective...
this could be lots of fun!

so shopping over christmas....
sitting by a fire with a log
i can only begin to imagine
where i might take my next down dog!

i know we'll share our stories
trials and mishaps along the way...
i wonder how we'll feel
and what we'll have to say!

so with this rhyme i will commit
i'll practice everyday
i'm guessing it won't be pretty
but on the path i'll try to stay

good luck to fellow yogi's
and all yogini's too
we'll practice this together
with support we'll all get through!

i need to wrap this rhyme up
i'm saying this and that
my biggest wish is that this will help me
take my yoga off my mat!

**Committed by J.M.

I commit to practicing everyday for 108 days……….for one hour, yoga, in a group, DVD or CD and AT LEAST 10 mins. of meditation EVERYDAY. And to be in the sound frame of mind that is not searching but knowing there is peace, harmony and balance within and to wait patiently and without anticipation for the spirit within to open and blossom the inner edges of my mind, body and soul.

**Committed by S.L.

I think this will be a really good thing for me since I’m injuring myself with every other workout I’ve been doing. I think this is a really good idea and I’m curious to track myself on this little journey. I'm excited about just doing yoga for working out. Please let me know when the 108 days are up.

**Committed by K.K.

I plan on doing the 108 days of yoga. Through my practice I have realized that off the mat just breathing, breath by breath, I have been able to concentrate on right now and become a calmer person. I have also become more aware of my body and mind.

**Committed by B.P.

Day 5, High 5!

**Submitted by L.A.

No comments: